Sunday, June 17, 2012

Inspiration Everywhere


I've been so busy working, I haven't had much of a chance to get crafty.  I recently received my new issue of Scrapbooks, Etc. magazine and was reading the Paper Crafts Connection blog this evening trying to get inspired. Both are discussing using regular household objects on projects, which got me wondering, what do I have around the house that I can use for my projects and if I find them, what do I do with them?  My idea came from an orange cupcake liner that was sitting on the top shelf, not to be used any time soon. 


I sprayed it with Smooch spray and poof, instant sun!  Of course, you can't have a sun without a cloud, so a fabric softener was perfect.  It added texture and Smooch spray added color.  I intially tried to use a used fabric softener sheet, but it was too thin, was difficult to cut and wouldn't hold the color well.  A used sheet may be better used as a background where you don't have to cut a small image.



This inspired me to try some things that are out of the box and hopefully I can continue to find new inspiration around my home and elsewhere.  I am looking forward to trying some new things and looking at things in a different way.  TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment