Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Blessings Jar

 
I have wanted to make one of these Blessings Jars since I saw one on Pinterest last year. For those of you who have never seen one, you use a Blessings Jar every time something good happens, no matter how small. When these positive moments and events happen, write it on a piece of paper and put it in the jar. At the end of the year, read all of your blessings from the past year. What a great way to remind ourselves how blessed we really are! 
 
 
I used a plastic container that I had saved for this project, but any jar will do if you choose to make one.
 
 
 
The gray background paper is CTMH Huntington and the polka dots are CTMH washi tape (available Feb 2014), which I am falling in love with! The frame and glitter letters were from my stash.
 
 
The "Countdown" numbers are CTMH Slate cardstock backed with Ruby and cut with the Cricut Artbooking cartridge.

 
The pocket on the side is cut from Cricut Boxes, Bags and Tags which is perfect for holding paper scraps and a pen.
 
I am loving how this turned out, as simple as it is. We already have been blessed this year and have made several entries to the jar. I hope this inspires you to create your own and remember how blessed we all are!
 
TFL!



No comments:

Post a Comment