Friday, January 15, 2010

Corner of the art gallery.

School entrance, art gallery is to the left.


Ha ha! Jewsters! Awesome name for a juice shop.



St. Nicholas church and cemetery













Not much to say today, I am really just hoping that I can some pictures uploaded. It’s Friday, and I am hoping that I can talk Justin into going to Edinburgh tomorrow or Sunday, but I’m not sure that’s going to happen. He is working at the hospital tonight, and he is really looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. He’s still fighting his cold that he had before we left so I don’t want to push him too hard. The weather here has really screwed up a lot of the transportation systems too, so I don’t know how easy it would be to get there anyway. We’ll see about that, if nothing else hopefully he can check out Aberdeen with me, he hasn’t had a chance to see anything yet with the exception of a few restaurants! We are just taking it day by day for now.
I went to the Aberdeen Art Gallery yesterday, it was amazing to be surrounded by so many things that are not only beautiful but exuding history and being in a building that is hundreds of years old, it was just an amazing feeling. It was free too, which was surprising, but a really great experience. I still don’t get modern art, a sleeping bag on the floor isn’t really art to me, but it must be to somebody! The older paintings and etchings were incredible; I just sat in the gallery and took it all in. Every time I walk outside, I am stunned at what this place looks like. The cobblestone streets and quaint buildings just take me to another place.
So, getting back to the bacon chips, I had what was left in the bag for lunch with my PB&J and I was burping bacon the rest of the night. Tasted better the first time around!
As I am sitting here getting ready to post this, I just saw my first Scottish schizophrenic. I have never seen anybody literally have a conversation with somebody who wasn’t there. Or, they are and are invisible, who am I to judge? I’ve seen people talk to themselves, but not to another person that wasn’t actually present, or invisible.



No comments:

Post a Comment