Sunday, December 1, 2013

Minion Ornaments

 
Well, things have been busy around here with the holidays now upon us. I just wish I could stay home and craft every day! No such luck, but I was able to finally whip up these cute little guys. My sister in law and her family love these characters, and I couldn't find any so I decided I would figure it out and make them.

 
 
 
I have had the plastic ornaments in my stash for a while now, not knowing what to actaully do with them.
 
 
The top comes off with a little pull, then just add a bit of acrylic paint and shake it to cover. They had some bubbles at first, but they went away after a few minutes.  I let them sit out for a couple of days to dry out, rolling them a couple of times a day to keep them evenly covered.

 
 
I found different sized google eyes, silver pipe cleaners and black glitter tape. I decided after this photo to use fake eyelashes for the hair, which was perfect! (Actually, that was my husband's idea, and a good one. I wish I could take credit for that!)

 
It was a process to figure out how to attach everything, but once I got the glue situation handled, they came together nicely. 
 
I wanted to get them done, and I wasn't confident in my painting abilities, so we printed out the smiles on photo paper, fussy cut them and adhered them. (Also my husband's idea, thank you dear!)


 
I love how these turned out and my SIL loved them, so mission accomplished!
 
 Happy Holidays, TFL!
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Loooove how you made these. So super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable!!! My nephews would LOVE them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these. Where did you find a picture of the mouths to print off?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! And very creative idea from you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you use a hot glue gun? Or what kind of glue?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, curious to know what kind of glue?

    ReplyDelete