Saturday, December 7, 2013

Sparkle and Shine Starburst cards

 
I have been wanting to try the starburst/sunburst technique for a while now, and finally tried it! These cards are so simple to make and it's easy to make multiples, which is great for this time of year trying to get a truckload of holiday cards made! I was surprised how simple this technique is and I made all four of these in approximately 30 minutes.
 

 
I used the CTMH Sparkle and Shine paper and embellishments for all of these cards along with red shimmer trim.
 
I like to use four different patterns, but you can use more or less, whatever suits you. These instructions will make one card, so if you are making them in bulk, just cut more and it will be easy to streamline the process.
 
First, cut four strips of patterned paper 1 1/2"x4".
 
 
Next, cut the strips from corner to corner, creating triangles.
 
 
Cut a scrap to 5"x2 3/4". You can use any color, it shouldn't show through. Mark the middle, at 2 1/2".


 
Add adhesive to the scrap piece and place your triangle strips, starting in the middle, making sure you cover the corners of the scrap piece.
 
 

 
I like to make sure the order is the same but if it isn't, that's okay too!



 
Once placed, cut around the scrap piece, making a starburst rectangle.

 
On this particular card, I placed it on Juniper card stock, adhered to my card then trimmed with shimmer trim and an embellishment after stamping the sentiment with the Perfect Fit Holiday stamp set.


 
These cards are so simple to make! You can bet this is my design for the season!
 
TFL and get those cards made, Christmas will be here before you know it!
 
 
 

For the month of December, the FIRST person to place an order over $50 with me will receive the Scandinavian Wishes stamp set FREE! This offer is good only for the month of December and available only through me, so order now!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment